Being this sick drains bank accounts every day. So when I came across this $8,000 frequency machine you bet I dove head first into any information I could get my hands on to validate its efficacy. I scoured the AmpCoil website, user testimonials, interviews with the founders, and I joined a closed informational Facebook group.
A lot of what’s accessible is anecdotal or qualitative- which is super valuable. The Wellness for Humanity Foundation has some data from grant recipients, AmpCoil is in the initial stages of facilitating third party research, and I could find bits and pieces of people’s journeys but I still found myself wanting a more comprehensive, individual account with specifics. So my biggest goal in taking my PEMF experience public was to provide an additional resource for people debating an investment in their own machine. In the four months that I have an AmpCoil unit on loan I’m aiming to publish a three part self analysis of my progress. I truly hope it helps in your decision making process!
***All data and opinions expressed below are independent and not influenced in any way by outside entities. I am not a physician or health care professional.
The AmpCoil works. If the human body is a piano with keys out of tune, you can think of the AC as the tuner that will tweak the vibrations until the intended melody is restored. The diagnostic app is as incredible as you think it is and while it was designed to help those with Lyme disease it is equally equipped to address the complexities of other immune diseases and more common ailments like head aches and food poisoning. Note: I can’t testify to it’s efficacy as a stand alone treatment, as I am integrating it into my existing protocol of prescriptions, supplements, diet, and acupuncture at the direction of my medical team.
My Medical Diagnosis
- Lyme disease
- The only data point with a direct correlation to polymyositis is the Creatine Kinase (CK) enzyme. Anything below 173 is considered normal.
- CK immediately prior to coiling: 230
- CK after three weeks of coiling: 162
- CK after eight weeks of coiling: 140
- Considerations: I had plateaued around 400 for two years but my CK had begun declining again prior to coiling. That said, a 68 point drop over three weeks is quick based on my history.
- My body temperature has increased. Pre coiling I became uncomfortably cold in environments below 78 degrees.
- 76 degrees has become my new baseline since coiling began.
- I’ve run two fevers of 100.8 and 101.0 for the first time since becoming chronically ill, six years ago.
- Migraine recovery time decreased by 50% in my only episode post coil. On 1/29/19 I had one of the worst migraines I’ve ever had– pain level 7.
- Pre coiling it took ~15 hours for one of these to dissipate completely.
- The “Headache Help” and “Herx Help” journeys provided relief after 7 hours.
- Sleep improves in depth and duration immediately following the “Immune Booster” journey.
- Blood pressure ran low (~87/52) during 10 day cleanse but returned to normal following supportive journeys.
- Major Herx was triggered during detox cleanse but is slowly fading after completion of 10 journey protocol.
- Paralysis has worsened by 25–30% since beginning to coil. My Monocytes are up 30% from their average of 8 indicating an influx of white blood cells to fight infection. Given that all other panels are normal or improving my team believes this decline in movement to be temporary.
- Ramping up is tricky. There are a lot of journeys intended for numerous purposes and it can be overwhelming if you don’t have a game plan in place. I’d highly recommend reading through the user guide and discussing the options with an alternative medicine professional you trust.
- If I could give AmpCoil any constructive criticism it would be that their Quick Start Guide needs a makeover. The current format is primitive; you’re literally looking at an endless Google Doc in small, single spaced font. In a perfect world I envision a physical booklet, with easily digestible instructions organized in sections, with headers, by priority. In it’s current state it’s easy to miss vital details like, “you should only coil every other day for no more than 90 minutes a day.” That should be upfront, in bold, and on its own page. Each journey grouping should have its own section with detailed descriptions and instructions. These exist as is but are difficult to keep straight without clear distinctions.
- Once you have your footing it’s is a pretty smooth process. If you’re severely chronically ill I highly recommend enlisting a friend or family member to help you track symptoms and set up the hardware for each session as it’s very heavy. (You rock, Ash!!)